Tuesday, August 17, 2010

totally unexpected.



unexpected [ˌʌnɪkˈspɛktɪd]
Definition: from hyperdictionary
  1. [adj]  not expected or anticipated; "unexpected guests"; "unexpected news"
  2. [adj]  happening or coming quickly and without warning; "a sudden unexpected development"
  3. [adj]  not planned; "an unexpected pregnancy"
  4. [adj]  causing surprise or amazement by not being expected; "the curtains opened to reveal a completely unexpected scene"
  5. [adj]  made necessary by an unexpected situation or emergency; "a forced landing"
  6. [adj]  not foreseen; "unsuspected difficulties arose"; "unsuspected turnings in the road"

*   *   *
Y Mondays (read my previous blog). On a normal Monday, it's just FTW Coordination meeting, lunch with the Monday group then do some stuffs for the week. But today, it's different. Totally unexpected.

The totally-unexpected situation can be described as not foreseen; "unsuspected difficulties arose"; "unsuspected turnings in the road". Maybe because of the insensitive remark coming from a person whom you thought of highly and also you thought would fully understand your situation. Or the difficulty of letting that person listen to your explanation, lest understand you. Or the feeling of disappointing your God (even if you know in your heart that you didn't) just because that person made you feel that way.

Totally unexpected. I was greatly affected and hurt at the same time. I still need to process it and talk to the right people to address the issue. One of the thorns that I have to endure, a cross that I have to carry for now. It may be part of my "I Y Mondays" day, but i'll make sure that it won't ruin my day especially my Monday. And as long as I know that I have consulted it with God, and He has blessed it, then no one can say that I am a disappointment, that I have made a wrong choice.

Lesson learned: Be extra sensitive with the people around you. You'll never know how much pain your careless words can cut through someone's heart.    

1 comment: